Sunday, September 20, 2020

Your Astrological Mantra

 Your Astrological Mantra 



What is a Mantra?

A mantra is a word, a series of words,  or a statement that is repeated in order to aid one's concentration. Some sources have likened a mantra to an affirmation (a positive statement of intent) or even an incantation. In Eastern (Vedic) Astrology there are mantras there are mantra associated with the planets which are chanted in order to align with them and pull in their energies, their gifts, and their blessings. These are often chanted as part of rituals to remedy the negative expression of the planet in our chart and consequently in our lives. For example the mantra for mercury is "Om Aim Bum Budhaya Namah"

Astrological Mantras 

Each of the twelve signs of the zodiac have a mantra associated with them which give an indication of their purpose or energy in astrology. They are: 

  • Aries- I Am
  • Taurus- I Have
  • Gemini- I Communicate 
  • Cancer- I Feel 
  • Leo- I Will 
  • Virgo- I Analyze 
  • Libra- I Balance 
  • Scorpio- I Desire 
  • Sagittarius- I Seek 
  • Capricorn- I Use 
  • Aquarius- I Know 
  • Pisces- I Believe 

Each Astrological Sign is said to be ruled by one of the ten planets as well. 

For example 

  • Aries - Mars 
  • Taurus- Venus
  • Gemini- Mercury 
  • Cancer- The Moon 
  • Leo- The Sun 
  • Virgo- Mercury 
  • Libra- Venus 
  • Scorpio- Mars 
  • Sagittarius- Jupiter 
  • Capricorn- Saturn 
  • Aquarius- Uranus 
  • Pisces- Neptune 
Each Planet has it's own Mantra which describes it's personality or function in astrology. 

  • The Sun- I Am 
  • The Moon- I Feel 
  • Mercury- I Communicate 
  • Venus- I Love 
  • Mars- I Act 
  • Jupiter- I Expand 
  • Saturn- I Achieve 
  • Uranus- I Rebel 
  • Neptune- I Refine 
  • Pluto- I Transform 

Developing Your Personal Astrological Mantra 

Most people know their Sun Signs, so let us start with your Sun Sign and it's Ruler. For example I am a Virgo which is ruled by Mercury 

  • Virgo- I analyze 
  • Mercury- I communicate 

So I might start with the words analyze and communicate or some derivative of those words. Next I would research Virgo and Mercury and compile a list of keywords associated with them. You may find The Rulership Book by Rex E. Billis helpful in compiling your keywords. 

Virgo Keywords 

account, administration, appendix, bookkeeper, butler, cafe, chastity, civil service, closet, critic. desk, detail, domestic, editor, editing, file clerk, healing, map, masseurs, menu, nutrition, pharmacy, physician, recipe, reproduction, secretary, sewing, society, statement, stenographer, student, teacher, tenant, work.

Mercury Keywords 

account, atlas, audit, bibliography, book, bookkeeper, catalog, calculate, cerebral, certify, chart, clerk, columnist, copyright, courier, credentials, critic, diary, dictate, dissertation, edit, editor,   fable, fiction, flexible, grammar, hands, history, hive, hounds, ideas, imagination, information, interpret, journal, journey, key, library, literature, logic, manuscript, marginalia, memoir, memo, mischief, notes, pamphlet,  pencil, postage, proverb, pupil, quotation, rabbi, reason, receipt, reason, record, script, statement, teacher, testimony, ticket, trade, tutor, verbose, vibration, vocabulary, whisper, witness, writer.

Next, you would read over these keywords and make a new list of words that most resonate with you on a deep spiritual level, or produces a positive emotional reaction or feeling inside yourself. For some of you who are lovers of words and the turn of phrases this will not be difficult. However, for others it may be more difficult. For example, the phrase cellar door has been described as the most beautiful word in the English language. Conversely, many people have a negative, almost visceral reaction to hearing the word moist. Again, in this case, we want to focus on words that produce a positive reaction. Continuing our example above, I might choose the following words. 

account, clerk, bibliography, diary, statement, interpret, marginalia, pamphlet, appendix, stenography, journal

This may be further whittled down and the words moved around so they they flow more easily once they are spoken. For example:

account, statement, journal, marginalia, diary, audit, bibliography 

And there you have my astrological mantra! But what does it mean, you say? Well we must remember that nothing has meaning until we give it meaning. This series of words can be used as an emotional or magical trigger to be chanted or repeated prior to performing spells or rituals, before meditation, or prior to practicing divination. 

Practice and give it a try! 

Carolina Dean 

Links:

Vedic Mantras 

No comments:

Post a Comment