Tuesday, September 6, 2022

MIPC: Secret Chants for Love, Money, Health, & Happiness

 Note: MIPC stands for Magic in Popular Culture and this is a series of posts in which I take a magical belief or practice from a work of fiction such as movies, books, comic books, or tv shows and analyze them against real-world magical beliefs and practices.


The Spell or Belief
Your dreams can come true simply by chanting a few magic words to bring you money, love, health, and happiness. These chants were found in the ruins of an ancient Tibetan monastery by an archeologist from Nang Chang, China in the late 1980's. The chants had been handed down for generations long before the monastery was abandoned in 1011. 
The chants are short and easy to learn. they must be spoken after a period of meditation for maximum effect. These chants were tested on 2300 students in Nang Chang of which 1867 people reported the chants to have changed their lives. 
The Chants 
* To Bring Happiness - Repeat the words "Lo An An Ta Fa Ri" once a day for seven days. 
* To Bring Love- Sit quietly, open your heart to love and chant "To Do Si Ro An Wat Mono Ran" four times. 
* For Lasting Good Health- Chant "Chung Do Ama Rung Ning" and think happy thoughts for three days afterward. 
* To Bring Money- Cast out all selfish thoughts and think about all the god you will accomplish with your wealth. Repeat "Kung No Ro Ama Ni Lo Ta Wong" then times. 
The Weekly World News
April 11th 1989 

Commentary 

I first read about these chants around 1990. I was sitting in Mrs. Boulware's study hall and there were several of these tabloid magazines in the room to look through if we didn't have any homework or anything else to do. I've made no secret that I was a shy teenager who was often bullied throughout school. I was also interested in any form of magic because I thought it was the key to happiness in my life - so when I read of these chants I eagerly wrote them down in my notebook hoping to use them to improve my life. 

I began with the Chant to Bring Happiness. I started on a Monday. When I woke up in the morning, I tried to summon a positive attitude and would chant the mantra before school. I recall that they was one of the worst week's of my life. I vividly recall how one day that week I was standing by my locker minding my own business when a group of boys began throwing candy at me. I honestly just stood there and let it happen without fighting back or saying anything to them. At that point in my life I was so defeated and was contemplating suicide. 

However, I persisted. I dutifully chanted the mantra to bring happiness every day and completed the ritual after seven days. I wasn't sure what would happen or how it would happen. Would I simply wake up on the 8th morning and be happy or would circumstances change bringing about my happiness? Either way, I was confident in my belief that something would happen. 

Happiness did come to me, but it did not come all at once. It happened in small ways over time. My situation improved. The bullies started leaving me alone. I grew more confident. I made friends. Before I knew it, I was happy! 

Now considering the source of these "chants", I don't believe that they have any real magic in them but rather that my belief in their power actually allowed me to manifest a positive change in my life. I honestly do credit this ritual with changing the course of my life because had my condition not improved, I would have eventually attempted suicide. In fact, I am so superstitious about the mantra to bring happiness that I will not repeat the chant again out loud out of a fear that speaking the chant again would unravel all of the happiness it gave me in the first place. 

I have not tried the other chants, however, were I to perform them I would likely chant the mantra as part of a ritual that includes a period of meditation followed by the lighting of a candle under which I have placed my wish written on paper and then chanting the mantra to make it so. 

I present to you these chants now on the last day of the year in hopes that you will find some value in them and are able to draw love, money, success, abundance, and happiness into your life in 2021! 

- Carolina Dean 

No comments:

Post a Comment