Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Hoodoo & Your Venus Return





Image result for Venus in a half shellThe Venus Return: A Review 

The Venus Return is similar to the Lunar Return and the Solar Return charts. It is calculated for the precise moment that Venus will return to it's exact Natal Position and for your location at the time of the Venus return. Venus will return to its natal position about once a year, however, since Venus occasionally goes retrograde you can have up to three. A Venus return chart is good for the time between the current Venus return and the next one.  Among other things, Venus rules over money and love and so a Venus Return is a tool used to forecast your upcoming social and romantic life and to a lesser extent financial matters. 



Hoodoo & Your Venus Return 


Your Venus Return (VR) is a good time to review the state of your love life and financial status and to take steps to nurture and or improve them.  To give you an idea how to do this, I am going to share with you how I view and observe my VR. I often print my VR Chart well beforehand and write my notes based on my interpretation of the chart on the chart itself. On the reverse side of the page, I take out my ephemeris and write down all the dates that Venus enters a new sign (and therefore a new natal house) between the VR being interpreted and the next one. When a planet changes signs, it is felt in the world and therefore in our lives. Knowing when Venus enters a new sign and natal house can give me an idea of how I can expect Venus in each house to manifest for me. 




Your VR occurs when transit Venus makes an exact conjunction to your natal Venus. I use an orb of two degrees when considering applying and separating aspects.  At the time of my birth, Venus was at 2° Scorpio. So I start feeling the effects of my VR as soon as Venus enters Scorpio.  When this occurs, I take out my VR Chart Interpretation and carry it with me the entire time that Venus transits from 0° Scorpio to 4° Scorpio.  I make notes on the back of the chart about any significant events that occur in the realm of love and money. The reason for this is because events that occur during this time often reflect what you can expect to occur. For example, on the day of my VR in 2018, I had want to the grocery store to pick up some things and while leaving the store I passed an attractive young man who looked me in the eye and said "you have a beautiful smile". That same year I garnered a lot of attention and interest from several young men. 

A Three Point Plan 


My approach to the VR can be divided into three steps associated with the aspects of Transit Venus to Natal Venus. Again, they are applying (approaching exact), exact, and separating (leaving exact). 

Applying  

The applying conjunction begins when Venus is within two degrees of your natal position. Since my Venus is at 2° Scorpio, the applying conjunction for me begins when Venus enters 0° Scorpio. Venus is all about love, comfort, security, and luxury. As soon as the applying conjunction activates, I start treating myself. When you look good, you feel good (and vice versa) so I usually get a haircut and buy myself at least one new outfit. I may also treat myself to a few special meals. It is important to remember that it is okay to spoil yourself as long as in so doing you do not create a financial hardship for yourself or overindulge in food or drink in an unhealthy manner.

The applying conjunction phase of your VR is a time of planning and preparation. Use this time to study your chart, review the state of your love life, decide what you want and how you will go about obtaining your goals in terms of money and love. One way I do this is to use the keywords for points and positions in my VR chart to write an affirmation or affirmative prayer. For example. 

  • The planet describes what is happening. 
  • The sign describes how it is happening 
  • The natal house describes where it is happening. 
  • The Ascendant in the VR chart describes the outward face you project on the world. 
  • The Descendent in the VR chart describes what you are attracting. 

Using my own chart as an example. I have Venus in Scorpio and the 1st House in my Natal Chart. I have Aquarius as the ascendant in my VR Chart which makes Leo the descendent. 

Using our keyword system, we can string together the following statement:

I love (Venus) passionately and intensely (in Scorpio) myself (1st house). Other people see me as unique, loyal, loving, and imaginative (Aquarius qualities) I am attracting someone who is loving, faithful, confident, affectionate, and generous (Leo qualities). 


And this statement can be translated to an affirmation such as:

I love myself with a passion and this love is reflected in the world in the form of those around me who can sense and appreciate my magnetism and desirability. Men are drawn to all those qualities which make me the unique and special person that I am.  I now attract to myself a man who is confident, affectionate, faithful, and generous who will love me and desire me as I love and desire myself. And so it is. 



Conjunction 



When Transit-Venus is making an exact conjunction to Natal-Venus, this is the time to do your actual work. This is when you will fix a mojo bag, work a doll baby, burn a candle, etc... For example. you may write your affirmation on a piece of paper and place this under a red candle dressed with Venus Planetary Oil. The candle would then be burned as you make your prayer or petition to attract a lover. When the candle burns out you can take your prayer and press it in your Bible anywhere it says "and this shall come to pass." 

This would also be the day that you would do whatever you can to make yourself appear as attractive as possible. Wear a new flattering outfit. Spritz yourself with cologne or perfume ( I prefer Cool Water), place a violet leaf in your shoe and dress yourself with any type of love-drawing condition oil. 

Separating 

In step one (applying) you devised a plan. In step two (exact) you enacted your plan. Now in step three you simply let go. Set it and forget it. Go about your life and trust that the work that you have done will manifest. 

Carolina Dean 

No comments:

Post a Comment