Tuesday, June 28, 2022

MIPC: Carlton Gebbia's Love Spell

Note: MIPC stands for Magic in Popular Culture and it is a series of posts in which I take a spell, ritual, or belief from a work of fiction such as comic books, tv shows, books, or movies and analyze it against real work magical theory and practices. 

The Spell or Belief 

Write down what you want in a lover. Be specific! When the moon is full, bury the list with a crystal. 
Carlton Gebbia
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Season 4 Episode 4

The Analysis

This is one of those entries in which I am drawing upon an aspect of popular culture that is not from a work of fiction. Carlton Gebbia was a housewife who only lasted the one season of RHOBH. She was a self-described witch who identified as a Wiccan. 

Now as for her spell, this is a very simple spell and many simple spells are often the most powerful. I think that it is a very good spell in and of itself, however, I would make a few changes. 

First, I would write out my list by the light of a fixed candle while the moon is new (new moon, new lover) and then five-spot it with a love-drawing oil such as Come to Me for a heterosexual relationship or Lavender Love Drops for a homosexual relationship. Then I would smoke the list in incense and make my prayer or petition for a lover. 

Next, I would  wrap the list around a crystal point (to attract a man) or a tumbled stone (to attract a woman). I would also use a crystal traditionally known for attracting love such as one of the following 

  • Amber 
  • Garnet 
  • Moonstone
  • Rose Quartz
  • Rose Tourmaline 
  • Opal 
  • Lapis Lazuli 
  • Rhodochrosite 

I might then carry the list / crystal in a mojo bag every day  for two weeks until the full moon after which I would bury the list/crystal near my front door. Burying the crystal is an act of sacrifice (i.e. I am giving up this to get that) and adds more power to the spell. 

- Carolina Dean 

No comments:

Post a Comment